What information do you collect?
We may collect the following information when you use our Website, or when you communicate with us, such as by contacting us, or when you provide us feedback relating to your use of our website:
1. Information you give us: you may provide us with information about yourself if you sign up for an account on our Website, place an order for products, complete any online forms (such as return forms or survey forms), opt in to receive our newsletters and special offers, participate in social media functions with our Website, or correspond with us (by email, telephone, instant chat, social media or otherwise).
Depending on what you provide, this information can include your name, address or location, phone number and email address, date of birth, gender, purchase information, shopping preferences, images and financial information such as your credit or other payment details.
2. Information provided on social media sites: By logging in to our mobile applications through Facebook and Instagram or linking your account on our website to your Facebook and Instagram accounts, you are giving us permission to obtain certain information and content from these accounts. The specific types of information that we may obtain depends on your settings for that account or website, and will be subject to their privacy policies.
We may use the data you provide to us in conjunction with data that are publicly available or that is posted on social media sites in order to better serve you with content or promotions. We will attach this data to our existing customer account information to better understand customers’ interests and to provide more relevant product recommendations and advertising, to increase our customer’s security when using our Website and to comply with legal obligations imposed on us. This information can be associated with your personal information such as name, email, address, physical address or phone number.
3. Information our IT systems collect about you: each time you visit this Website, certain information will be created and automatically recorded by our internal IT systems, or the systems of those service providers that we may engage for purposes of developing and maintaining this Website. That information includes:
b. Information regarding or from devices used - information provided by your device will differ depending on which type of device you are using (whether it’s a PC, Mac, iPhone, Android, or otherwise) and the settings on that device, but includes the type of device you have (such as an iPhone 6S or Samsung Galaxy S7), the device’s IP address, the browser you are using, your mobile network provider (for mobile devices), the pages you have visited, your time zone and country location, and crash or download error reports.
How is my information used and what for?
We primarily use information to provide you with services on this Website, including to allow you to order and receive products using our Website, administer your account and to improve your experience.
We also use the information for marketing and advertising purposes. If and when you tell us that you would like to receive marketing communications or when you make a purchase using our Website, we and our affiliates and other service providers will use your personal information (including your name, email address and address) to occasionally send you updates, news, and offers via email, post, or other forms of media. We may use your information (including supplemental information received from third parties that we attach or use in conjunction with our existing customer information), to tailor these messages to you. You may unsubscribe from our email marketing communications by modifying your preferences in your account’s profile management section, or by following the opt out instructions in the promotional emails that are sent to you.
We also conduct research, analysis, and surveys on your use of our Website, including pages viewed and items purchased. We keep tracking of your activity, including spending habits, on our Website to see if you can benefit from any loyalty programs that we may launch. Lastly, we use your information to confirm your identity or anti-fraud checks, in order to ensure your, and our, financial security. Please scroll down to find out the detailed purposes for which we collect your information, what specific information is collected and the legal basis for which we purpose that data.
We also use your information:
1. To register and manage your account in our Website. When you register on our website, we collect your name, email, password and other additional details you provide in your account, such as your phone number, addresses and gender. This allows you to register and manage your account with us.
2. To fulfill the orders you make through our website. We collect your name, addresses, phone number, order details, such as product, size and price, in order to correctly fulfill orders that are placed through our Website.
3. To collect payment from you - we collect your payment information, which comprises the credit card’s number, holder’s name, expiry date and CVV in order to collect payment from you. However, we do not store this information and only transfer them to our authorized payment providers.
4. To provide you with our customer services. You providing us with your information allows us to assist you in solving any issue you have with our services, updating you about any change to our terms and conditions, or contacting you to know how your experience with us was.
5. To monitor the quality of our customer services. We collect your name, email, password and addresses and your contact history with us, including information that you may provide during phone conversations with us in order to further assess the effectivity and quality of the customer services we, and any third party service provider we may engage, provides.
6. To administer, maintain and enhance our Website and our services. Collection of your information, including your device IP address and device type, Cookie identifiers and browsing information allows us to further enhance our services and our Website.
7. To perform fraud and credit checks and if we can do business with you. Information such as your name; email; addresses; credit card details; browsing history; purchase history; date of birth; gender; device information (such as IP address and device type), any national identifiers (like driver’s license or ID cards) and any publicly available information (like social media profiles or news) allows us to put in place certain measures intended to protect us and our customers from fraudulent activities and to comply with legal obligations imposed on us.
8. To send you marketing communications, personalized offers, shopping recommendations and to provide a more enhanced shopping experience. These are determined based on your purchase history, browsing history and other behavior, shopping preferences and cookie identifiers.
9. To manage our loyalty programs. We also collect your information in order to determine whether certain loyalty programs that we put in place, whether now or in the future, are suitable for you based on your shopping history, preferences, and other data gathered.
10. Carry on research, analysis, enquiries and surveys on your use of our website. We collect your name, addresses, email, device information, for purposes of research and analysis, whether conducted by us or by third party service providers that we may engage. In addition, we use your order history, provided that the result of such reports do not identify you.
Is my information shared with any third party?
To provide the Website and our services, we work with a number of carefully selected third parties, including those engaged to develop, manage and maintain our Website. To do this, we may share your information with these third parties in the following limited circumstances:
2. Our partner companies and brands from whom you purchase products. We work with carefully selected partners that supply the products that you see in our Website and we may provide your information to these partners in order to provide them with data relating to products owned by these companies and brands.
3. Third party service providers for business purposes. In order to function in the manner that we do, we rely on a number of carefully selected third parties to provide us with services and products. We permit these companies to use your personal information only to the extent necessary to provide us with their services and products. Below you can find the types of third parties we use:
a. Courier companies, that we use in order to deliver the products to you and, as such, they need to have access to your order information, including your name and address.
b. Payment providers that we use to process your payment information (including your credit card details) so that we can collect payment from you.
c. Customer Service Management providers, that allow us to provide you our customer service and improve and manage your customer experience. Our current provider is based in the Singapore.
d. Analytics and search engine providers that we use to assist us in the improvement and optimization of the website. Our current provider is based in the Singapore.
e. Third party providers of e-marketing tools that help us to enable our marketing efforts. This provider is based in Singapore.
f. Third party service providers that provide data management and order management systems that assist us in developing and delivering tailored recommendations for products tailored to your interests and needs. Our current provider is based in the Singapore.
g. Third party research and analysis service providers. Our third party service providers also use data about how our visitors use our Website to understand customer behavior or preferences. For example, they may use information about how visitors to our Website search for and find products to better understand the best ways to organize and present product offerings in our storefront. Our current provider is based in the Singapore.
h. Research companies that we can engage to help us carry out surveys regarding your use of our Website and Services. Our current provider is based in the Singapore.
i. IT/technology providers that we use to support, maintain and provide our technology and IT infrastructure that supports our Website and the storage of your information. This includes Microsoft Azure that we use to host your information and that it is based in the Netherlands and in Ireland.
j. Advertisers for marketing purpose - we can provide your information to our advertising and social media partners (including Facebook and Twitter, where you choose) where they require the data to select and serve relevant adverts about our and our partners’ products and services to you and others.
k. Certain third parties if and when we consider a corporate transaction: El Trend may, in the future, be presented with certain opportunities. This means sometimes we may consider corporate transactions such as merger, acquisitions, reorganizations, asset sale, or similar. In these instances, we may transfer your information to enable the assessment and undertaking of that transaction. If we buy or sell any business or assets, your personal information may be one of the assets that are transferred;
How long do you intend to store and use my information?
We retain the data you provide to us for as long as you have your account with us and thereafter for such period as you may have questions or a claim in relation to our services. However, we and our third party service providers are permitted to retain your information order to comply with our internal record keeping policies and other legal requirements applicable to us/them.
What rights do I have with respect to the protection of my private information?
You have certain rights in relation to the personal data we or our third party service providers hold about you, which we detail below. We also set out how to exercise those rights. Please note that we will require you to verify your identity before responding to any requests to exercise your rights and that can include asking a set of security questions to ensure it is you. When you have appointed someone else to do the request on your behalf, that person and/or organization needs to show a valid power of attorney issued by you. We must respond to a request by you to exercise those rights without undue delay and at least within one month (although this may be extended by a further two months in certain circumstances). To exercise any of your rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
• Access. You have the right to know whether we process personal data about you, and if we do, to access data we hold about you and certain information about how we use it and who we share it with (including the categories of personal data we share with other businesses for their direct marketing uses and the names and addresses of those businesses). Please note that in the “My Account” dashboards, you can see information about you, namely your account details (such as name, email, phone number, date of birth), the addresses you use for billing and shipping, your order history and shopping preferences.
You can also request a copy of your information. If you require more than one copy of the data we hold about you, we may charge a reasonable administration fee. We reserve the right to restrict your access to certain of your personal data if providing it would interfere with another’s rights (e.g. where providing the personal data we hold about you would reveal information about another person) or where another exemption applies.
• Portability. You have the right to receive a subset of the personal data we collect from you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and a right to request that we transfer such personal data to another party. The relevant subset of personal data is data that you provide us with your consent or for the purposes of performing our contract with you. If you wish for us to transfer the personal data to another party, please ensure you detail that party and note that we can only do so where it is technically feasible. We are not responsible for the security of the personal data or its processing once received by the third party. We also may not provide you with certain data if providing it would interfere with another’s rights (e.g. where providing the personal data we hold about you would reveal information about another person or our trade secrets or intellectual property).
• Correction. You have the right to correct any personal data held about you that is inaccurate. You can edit your personal information in “My Account” settings. You can also request the correction by emailing us. Please note that in some cases we can ask you to explain in detail why you believe the personal data we hold about you to be inaccurate or incomplete so that we can assess whether a correction is required. Please note that whilst we assess whether the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you may exercise your right to restrict our processing of the applicable data as described below.
• Withdrawal of Consent: You can withdraw your consent at any time by changing your marketing preferences in “My Account” or by unsubscribing at the bottom of each email received or by writing emailing us at the address provided above.
· Deletion. You may request that we delete the personal data we hold about you in the certain circumstances. Please scroll down to know what those are:
a. you believe that it is no longer necessary for us to hold the personal data we hold about you;
b. we are processing the personal data we hold about you on the basis of your consent, and you wish to withdraw your consent and there is no other ground under which we can process the personal data;
c. we are processing the personal data we hold about you on the basis of our legitimate interest and you object to such processing. Please provide us with detail as to your reasoning so that we can assess whether there is an overriding interest for us to retain such personal data;
d. you no longer wish us to use the personal data we hold about you in order to send you promotions and special offers;
e. you believe the personal data we hold about you is being unlawfully processed by us.
Also note that you may exercise your right to restrict our processing the data whilst we consider your request as described below.
Please provide as much detail as possible on your reasons for the request to assist us in determining whether you have a valid basis for erasure. Please note, however, that we may retain the personal data if there are valid grounds under law for us to do so (e.g., to enable us to defend legal claims or freedom of expression) but we undertake to advise you if that is the case.
Where you have requested that we erase data that we have made public and there are grounds for deletion, we will use reasonable steps try to tell others that are displaying the data or providing links to the data to erase the data too.
• Restriction of Processing to Storage Only. You have a right to require us to stop processing the personal data we hold about you other than for storage purposes in certain circumstances. Please note, however, that if we stop processing the personal data, we may use it again if there are valid grounds under data protection law for us to do so (e.g. in order to defend against legal claims or for another’s protection).
What do I do if I have questions or concerns?